By AL Whitney © copyround 2016
Permission is granted for redistribution if linked to original and Parents Against Mandatory Vaccines is acknowledged.
[Originally posted on 3-25-13 on our sister site.]
As you all know, I am madly in love with your children. Their health and their future is of the utmost importance to me. In fact, there is nothing more important to me than their future well being.
That said, we need to talk.
As you all know your father and I have been closely involved in the medical profession for most of our adult lives. During the past 40 years we have observed – from front row seats – many changes in how medicine is practiced.
As a reminder, here is a brief synopsis of your father’s medical career:
- Was a resident in internal medicine for 18 months
- Completed a three year residency in anatomic pathology
- Taught pathology at a medical school in West Virginia for seven years
- Did a residency in general practice, passed the necessary exam and became a Board Certified physician in Family Medicine
- Worked for the OSU urgent care clinic system for fourteen years
- Took many many hours of continuing medical education
And here is mine:
I started my medical career as a hospital billing clerk. Then I was trained at Northwestern University in Chicago in Respiratory Therapy, did an internship-period at the University of Chicago, passed both a written and an oral exam to become a Registered Respiratory Therapist, was a supervisor in a hospital RT dept, and taught both advanced and basic life support to medical students. My last job in the profession was as a secretary for your father.
Your father and I have had many discussions regarding the medical profession over the years, as you know. It is safe to say that both of us were well trained and indoctrinated in the ‘field of medicine’ which has now become an ‘industry’. In fact some brave physicians have gone public regarding the changes that have occurred in the field of medicine over the past several decades: Doctors Speak out: healthcare has been reduced to a money making factory